Sunday, April 25, 2010

Grilling with the Kids

What a glorious weekend I just experienced, it is so nice to have gorgeous weather and a lack of wind! This past weekend my two nieces came in town for a visit. We played outside at my house all day Saturday. While Joe was at work, I played with the kids yet; I did not get any homework finished. I decided that was just going to have to be ok. It is not too often that my kids have their best friends (their cousins) in town.

While we were outside, I decided to become the “grill master”. Of course this had to be kid-friendly grill food, so I decided to make hamburgers for lunch and since we were still outside at dinner time I grilled chicken wings for dinner. I will say the burgers turned out fantastic, but the wing rub I used turned out to be too spicy for five children under the age of seven. That is ok though, they all loved the strawberries and whipped cream I gave them as a side.

Anyway, around lunch time as I stood behind the grill, cooking away, Kaiden started yelling… Mommy, Mommy look. I turned around and there he was riding his big “five year old” bike without training wheels. This was neat to watch because he had been trying to ride sans training wheels on his new “big kid” bike for at least a month now.

Grilling, hanging with my favorite kids in the world and watching Kaiden learn to ride a bike without training wheels is another one of the ways I enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment