Monday, April 26, 2010

I'm in the Band

I may not have mentioned this in my introductory blog, but I sing in a band. I joined last June so it has only been ten months. At the time there were five members, Patrick-lead guitar, Steve-vocals and guitar, Larry-bass, Diana-drums, and me-vocals. We called our band Suckerpunch Railroad. We did som practicing and play a lot of small gigs here and there but we never quite sounded like a cohesive unit. Months past, we recorded a demo CD and then I got extremely busy with school and I decided to take a few months off.

During those few months that I took off the drummer, Diana was not playing in the same style we wanted so we let her go and searched for a new drummer. It took awhile, but now we finally found a new drummer. His name is Bob and he is just fantastic!

The first practice that Bob attended was the first practice I attended some I had taken a break a few months back. I wanted to get a feel for his style and see if it matched with ours. It did and he instantly clicked with all of us. At that point we started working on new younger and hip songs and we have been going strong ever since.

Last Wednesday we played our first gig as a newly formed band. We play for the Freedom Power Sports bike night which is held at Beef ‘O Brady’s. We had to have a name so we could tell everyone who we were when we played this gig. So we sat down and tried to think of something creative. Let me tell you, it is harder to come up with a good name than you would think. In the end we decided on “3750”. I don’t care for this name, but I wasn’t thinking of anything else much better so I agreed. If anybody has any great names they would like to suggest I am more than willing to hear them. We are a mix of classic and alternative rock. Only three more days until band practice…this is just another way I enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment