Sunday, March 7, 2010

Yesterday, Saturday, my family celebrated Kaiden and Isabelle’s birthdays. Kaiden will turn seven on May 15th and Isabelle turned four March 2nd. I always said I would never celebrate more than one siblings’ birthday on the same day, but this is the third or fourth time I have been able to get away with it. Yet, I do think this will be the last year I can celebrate their birthdays together, Kaiden is getting older and he will soon want his own party. Either way, I have a big family and it is much easier for everyone to get together for one weekend in between Kaiden and Isabelle’s birthdays.

Almost every day in the spring, summer, and fall when the weather is nice (not raining or below freezing) my husband, Joe, kids, and I are outside grilling or just hanging out. Since that is how we spend most of our time, Joe and I decided to give our kids new bicycles for their big present. They were really excited, this was Isabelle’s first bike and Kaiden had outgrown his first bike at least a year ago. So, we thought this was the perfect time to get the kids bikes.

Let me just say, those kids have already put their bikes to good use. One Saturday, we spent several hours outside after the party. Then today, Sunday, we played outside for the majority of the day. Well, Joe and the kids played while I sat under an umbrella and worked on homework. I can’t complain though, at least I was able to enjoy the beautiful weather and watch my kids run and ride their bikes around.

That is what my weekend entailed…lots of fun with my kids. That’s all the news I have for now, I couldn’t wait to share another one of the many ways I enjoy life.

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of my family and I during my childhood! How funny!

    ReplyDelete